Estimated Time : 9 minutes
In Digital Marketing world, it is the trending subject now that what changes are going to happen in 2017, which SEO factor will go down and which will be more in demand. Well definitely this is going to happen, SEO factors will be affected, positively or negatively, lets know it.
1. 2017 is the year of voice search
Increase in voice search users will be observed in 2017. Google, apple and other giants are investing more on voice search technologies. So it will be more important for the search engine optimizer to adapt this thing since keyword search process using letters and voice will be different. Voice searches will be mostly based on ‘Long Tail Keywords‘. Though voice search users are not much right now as compared to keyword searchers, voice search is constantly growing because of the accuracy of the search result they get.
According to Google in 2014, the voice search accuracy was about 80%, which increased in 2015 up to 90%. Which means accuracy will be more in 2016 and 2017. Which clearly indicates if the users are getting accurate results on voice search, they will prefer it more compared to word search.
If you are a search marketer then you will definitely want to know what are the things that are going to change in SEO due to voice search. Is SEO going to extinct or it will take a new form. Well the answers are here. No, SEO will not die, just the techniques will be changed, and if you want to be a good search marketer then you will have to adapt.
In 2017, due to voice search, searches will be more conversational. Like instead of typing ‘Cricket live scores’ users can voice search ‘Who is batting right now, what’s the score’. Let’s take another example of house cleaning, you will type ‘How to clean house in 30 minutes?’ but you can voice search ‘My house is a mess, so dirty. What should I do?’
Getting? The user’s perspective will be change. They don’t want just a device, they need a friend, a saviour, anytime, anywhere.
So in SEO, instead of keyword search results semantic search will be me more in search results. Keywords will be few step back, so as a search marketer instead of focusing on keyword search to build ranking, you should focus on what topic users will be more interested. Creating forums will be more beneficial as users tend to talk there in a conversational way.
2. Increased Content Variety (interactive, animated, and experimental, with brand-human engagement)
Like everyone knows ‘content is the king’, so your king should be always a great leader, always at top. The time is up when feeding content with texts, links and images were awarded as an ideal web content page. Users now are always bored of reading long texts, it affects their eyes also, and they choose to skip. Bad, isn’t it. In order to keep the users engaged and interested you need to add creativity to your content. Users now-a-days love to watch small video clips, gif images, animated presentation videos, etc. Also info-graphics which are most demand-able and trending content factor in 2017.
Don’t forget to use these points for your coming SEO projects:
- Add small interactive videos which says it all which you want to say in texts. Suppose you have a school bag manufacturing company. You want users to know you working process. Do you think user will read the process in texts, rather they will love the video.
- Create infographics of for your content. Infographics are the most trending content type, which consists of texts, images, statistical data, like flow chart, graph, histogram, or any kind of representation.
- Create experimental contents, such as create a quiz which relates to your business and service, and you think users will love this. Put a ‘call-to-action’ button anywhere on the website which is easily visible to anyone.
- Optimize content for design. Suppose you are launching a new product which is not ready yet but you want your users to know about it. You put a link on the website and left it as it is. Nothing happens, nobody bothers about it. Now do one thing. Create a button with eye catchy background colour with an attractive text, put it on the sidebar inside a box with a border. I promise you visitors will definitely notice the button, may be they will click them.
- Usage of opt-ins will be increased more in 2017. Opt-in forms are those which are used to attract users to subscribe or register to their services. These forms come with functionality to provide users some attractive service offers like free PDFs and infographics.
3. Mobile-Optimized Sites and AMP
2017 will be slightly more focused on mobile devices compared to 2016. As users are accessing webpages more on mobile devices it is much more important to optimize the webpages for mobiles, where mobile optimization directly tells about easy navigation, faster content loading, device adaptable contents. Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is trending and is right now the hottest topic in search engine world. AMP has been implemented on some websites and the results presented by the webmasters are really not easy to believe, they claimed to increase in the website loading speed up to 80% along with amazing user friendliness.
Google recommends to keep same content for both desktop and mobile devices. In case if you have different content then you have to implement structured data on both contents. So over all you can say in 2017 AMP will rule the seo market.
You can also embed dailymotion videos, facebook, google fonts, glyphicons, all with ease and great device responsiveness.
Refer AMP Official Site for more information – https://www.ampproject.org/
4. Social Media as Search Engine
Social media such as facebook, google plus, pinterest, instagram, reddit, etc will contribute more to seo. Each business focuses on their niche social media. They update content, interact with users, generate traffic from them. Google will consider your social media contents as a factor for seo of your website.
Any blog or article you post on social media is itself treated as a webpage. Not all the things search engines will consider like the comments, hash tags and others, but if you have posted really good, engaging and quality content, Google will consider it to appear in the search results. Good posts that attracts users from social media to your website strengthens both the SEO Ranking and Search signals.
So it will be more important on 2017 to optimize your social media business accounts in order to do well on search engines.
5. Forcing a shift to HTTPS
Google has already warned the websites about not using SSL Certificate on their websites. Using SSL not only protects a website from malware attacks and hacking, it also builds trust regarding safety concerns among users. Which means user will access HTTPS websites more safely and frequently than without non-HTTPS. Google is counting this as a ranking factors in SERPs.
Just think your website is not SSL encrypted means it is running with ‘http://’, imagine one day when someone opens your website and gets a warning that they are using an unsafe site, do you thing the users will proceed further? No. Nobody will. Because from users perspective it can harm their device and compromise informational and important data. Results will be disappointing, you can loose your loyal visitors and customers. And more worse your site can be hacked, as hackers are extremely smart and intelligent these days.
You just need to get a SSL certificate from a trusted security provider like hostgator, bluehost, godaddy, etc. In 2017 focus will be more on using SSL certificate in websites.
6. Schema and structured data
Google and other search engines are focusing more and more on artificial intelligence, and thus there will be an increase in using schema mark up and rich snippets to structure important data. Structures data are such kind of data which lets search engine know what the content is telling about, whether it is an address, a telephone number, work hours, rating and reviews. It makes it easy to understand the search engine that what kind of website it is about, is it a restaurant site or a movie review site, or something else.
Schema Markup was already there but it was not popular. As the competition increased the value and popularity of schema markup increased. Also some more markups techniques were added like for image, heading tags and links. See the image below.
Also more words were added in schema.org vocabulary list. Machine readability will be as important as user readability. By implementing schema markup more and more on your web page you are telling bots and spiders what exactly that data is all about. Which will result in providing more effective data to users. Not to say it will boost your website traffic and ranking both.
If you are a webmaster you must learn structured data. Schema.org is maintaining the vocabulary directory.
7. Local SEO will mark its impact on search results, will be much more effective
Local SEO is all about making a business known to its native location first. A website must have its business name, address, citation, contact numbers, social media accounts. Plus they need to be listed on all the important online directory like yellow pages, google business, yelp, linkedin, facebook, etc. which are related to the business. The local details must be identical on each directory, it creates trust for search engine that you are genuine.
Some of the key checklists are listed below for better Local SEO:
- NAP or Business directory promotions: By ‘NAP’ I mean Name, Address and Phone. Wherever you are submitting your business details, whether onsite or in any business directory, your business name, address and phone number, along with website URL and email should be their and must be visible to any user.
- Google My Business: Register your business with google my business. It provides authenticity to search engines. It shows you exist with a business.
- Add promotional youtube videos: It’s a plus point for you if you are showing users about your business, how you evolved, what are your business products, what are the services. You can use youtube videos to put more value for search engines to keep you in search results while searching.
- Local Image promotion: Submitting images to facebook, pinterest, flickr, Instagram etc. These social platforms are great source for links and citations which can put more value to your business. You will be ahead of your competitors as image promotions helps you in gaining rankings.
- Connect business with social pages: If your business is has social media account then provide all their links in your website. If you have great content updates and good user traffic on social media, it will help you to be seen in SERPs.
- Separate web page for separate locations: If your business is running on multiple locations try to build separate web pages for each location. It will help google index each page and customer will be able to find you more efficiently and easily.
8. User Experience will be the most important
UX is all about making the visibility of a page more user friendly. UX focuses more and more on how to provide users a better interface, easy option exploration, so they can use the service more effectively. So focusing on UX for SEO is all plus. Webmasters and businesses will focus more on UX to get more user engagement, converting visitors to leads and then customers. Google will give priority to pages with better user experience, resulting in rank increase.
But the things will be changed little bit in 2017. Now the search engines are event smarter than ever. They have started thinking like users. Instead of making the search engine happy, make the users happy as search engines are focusing more on users mind and behavior. The key points to note in 2017 for UX for better SEO are:
- Focus on what user needs not what the search engines need.
- Make your website adaptable to all devices, whether it’s a mobile device or larger screens.
- Create easy select options like buttons, call to actions, responsive menus, filters, easy search options, etc.
- Most important, loading speed. If any of the links or select button start lagging, or its gets slow in loading the data, you will lose the visitors, mark to resolve it.
source – https://uxplanet.org/
Create the space as 2017 is bringing some more crucial advancements to online marketing world. For the marketers, mark the following points.
- Voices will be heard more than the tik tik of keyboard buttons. People will prefer to voice search more. Focus more on long tail and conversational keywords
- Create engaging contents. Use info-graphics, galleries and sliders. Add interesting videos instead of long texts. Follow the marketable designs strategy.
- Mobile users are growing and they need more speed. Google’s AMP is all set to boost the speed. Implement AMP now and take your site top at Google SERPs.
- Don’t regret if you ignored social media optimization till now. But don’t do it anymore. Search engines will observe your activities on business social accounts. Maintain social media dignity. Google will love you.
- Don’t take web security for granted. If your site includes any kind of data sharing or online transaction, get a SSL certificate now. Search engines are focusing more on user security and comforts.
- Schema and structured data are not new, just their usage will be more important now. Let Search engines identify the rich snippets. The more structured data the more reachable your website will be.
- Local SEO will be extremely important for business. Business name, address, local numbers and social accounts must be on the website. Register business with Google My Business. Don’t forget to list on directory websites.
- Search engines are behaving same as users. So make sure to provide users with great user experience. Easy accessible options, filters, navigation, search and eye soothing content.
So, to all the marketers, mark these points and welcome 2017 with a big heart.
Total Views : (336)